An oncologist is a specialized type of doctor who diagnoses and treats cancer. Oncologists aid with designing cancer treatment plans, offering supportive care, and coordinating with other treatment specialists to ensure the proper care is being given depending on the stage and type of cancer. Different types of oncologists specialize in different aspects of cancer. At Comprehensive Cancer & Hematology Specialists, we ensure that all specialists are available to allow the optimal and correct combination of treatments to be received for any type of cancer.
Our medical oncologists treat cancer using different target treatments such as immunotherapies, chemotherapies, hormonal therapies, and biological therapies. We will monitor our patient’s side effects and maintain their well-being while undergoing treatments. After treatments are completed, they will be your main point of contact for follow-up appointments.
- Provides medical cancer care (testing, diagnosing and treatment),coordinating care with both surgical and radiation oncologists as needed.
- Aftercare and follow-up.
- Nursing care with our team of nurses who provide you with personalized care in our state of the art infusion rooms and with any after hours concerns.
- Same day appointments for urgent physician visits and symptom management.
- Plan of care reviews so you know exactly what to expect and to set personal goals of care.
- Second opinion appointments
Make an appointment with us today or reach out for more information regarding oncology.